About Us / History
Central Minnesota Retriever Club (CMRC) is a non-profit AKC Licensed Retriever Field Trial and Hunting Test organization founded in the 1940’s by Lawrence Martin. A dog trainer while serving in the military; Lornie continued his passion for training retrievers on his Sauk Rapids property. It was during that time he founded CMRC and the property became known as “Martin’s Meadows”.
CMRC comprises 120 acres of property upon which members maintain training grounds and technical water ponds. The club house features rest rooms & kitchen facilities for events, meetings and shelter.
We hold two Licensed AKC Retriever Field Trials, one Licensed AKC Hunt Test, Informal events from December through April, and Pro-days local members of Professional Retriever Training Association (see Train the Trainer page).
We have many more activities for retrievers and their owners to enjoy.
CMRC welcomes new members. For a modest fee and contribution, you’ll access a world-class training facility in a comfortable setting with support from others who share a passion for retriever sports.
Download History pdf file below